Friday, January 28, 2011

Morning, before class

It's now almost 9 AM Friday morning.  Class is starting soon, but I'd rather wait in the comfortable library. I've been pondering my topic a lot lately.  At first, it was so difficult to narrow down my three topics, but now all is clear to me.

Unit 1 requires an exploratory essay.  In Unit 3, I will be taking a stance and researching to support it.  For a long time, I wondered how any of my topics could fit with both Units, but now I can.

My topic will focus on modern technology in exploration.  In Unit 1, I will explore what new discoveries and technology is available to aid modern exploration, how it has helped, and what is expected in the near future.  In Unit 3, I will take a stance on the controversial statement that modern technology is destroying modern exploration, and how. if it's true, it is doing so.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you feel confidant in your topic, Jude! I think it's great that you took some time to consider how your topic will fit throughout the semester, and not just during the first few weeks. I think this will prevent you from becoming bored with your research, and with your writing. I'm excited to see where your research takes you; I think you will have plenty to work with. At this point you might find the need to narrow down your topic rather than expanding it.

    ReplyDelete