Thursday, January 20, 2011

Topics to consider

I have to come up with some possible topics.  This will be my first time doing something like this, so I can already tell it's going to be tough; especially since I tend to be a little indecisive to begin with.

It would really only takes a curiosity in something, I suppose.  There is certainly a lot I do not know about the world.  That might be why I can't settle on something.  I would love to research on several things.

I've always had an interest in deep ocean and its exploration.  Researching that may be extremely fascinating, especially since I know very little about it, but that may be too broad a subject...

I'll need to settle on something that will have plenty of reference material.  For now, just keep thinking.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sitting waiting for class to start, so I figured I'd write for a bit.

    Today I have to settle on two topics: the first to research for Unit 1 and the second to research for my final essay.

    I think, actually, that researching modern methods of exploring the deep ocean would be really interesting. That might be a good one for the Unit 1 research project.

    I know I'll have trouble investigating one subject for the rest of the semester, so choose wisely for the Unit 3 topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Class is over and it's about time I decided on the topics for research. I know I sound like a broken record, but really, this is tough.

    I think I'll research the history of stop motion and its development, since That would keep me occupied for a long time. Plus, that's something that one of my interests.

    I could write my Unit 3 paper on exploration of the modern world. How we use modern technology to explore the unknown world. That could branch off into so many different subjects of interest, like deep ocean, outer space, or even rainforests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, I just did a quick search at the library for any material concerning deep ocean diving or submarines and it is bountiful. There would be plenty of reference material for me if I decide to research deep ocean technology and its development.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I'm going to have to talk to Instructor Torii about making the exploration subject more specific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which we did! I wonder still what 'questions' you have within that broad topic. We talked a little about this during our conference, and I hope you've continued to ask yourself about this topic over the weekend, so on Monday you will be able to flush out your thoughts during a freewrite. You might find a question developing as you begin your research these next few weeks, or that the questions you start with will evolve into something else-both of which is perfectly alright. I think you are on the right track, and as long as have an interest in deep ocean diving, it can lead to a researchable question.

    ReplyDelete