Tuesday, April 5, 2011

School's Out

This essay had a lot of things to say about home-schoolers (like me).

I thought the author organized his work well, but I was a little unsure of the argument he was presenting.  It almost sounded like he was trying to show that public school is growing obsolete as alternate methods of learning are becoming more popular.

I agree with the author that home schooling is the best method for education.  From personal experience, home schooling allows enough freedom to pursue the dreams and interests of the student while still teaching an intense and in depth curriculum.

This author wrote very informatively with some interesting examples to keep a reader from getting too bored.  I think by giving comparisons between the work system and school system, we get a very clear picture how stagnant school has remained since its beginning.

Hopefully, I can keep my essay a little shorter.

1 comment: