Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why my topic?

It's been pretty difficult lately to write anything.  (I wonder if it's writer's block.)  I've been trying to build on my thesis statement, but it's changing so much and sources just aren't helping me build a good argument.  All day I've been trying to find something other than that article on Richard Branson.  All I can find is his website.  He has an autobiography I was hoping to borrow, but none of the libraries I tried have them.  All I can figure is his site, but that doesn't give me much detail.

If you're wondering, I'm hoping to begin my paper with a profile.  I know I was thinking a scene or anecdote, but the idea of using Branson as my model explorer just made sense to me.  He's the type of man who balances profit with knowledge, the whole premise of my paper.  Sure, he's a multi-billionaire, but he's still concerned with conserving and protecting the environment: exploring it with as little impact and helping others explore it.

I just can't find enough about him to profile him!

No comments:

Post a Comment