Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ballenger: On Interviews

I had an idea for my site.  It popped into my head during class yesterday.  If I filmed my interviews (and surveys), I could put together a really fun introduction video.  The video wouldn't be difficult to put together since I already have all the equipment I might need.  All it would take would be enough footage to build an interesting intro.  This might mean interviewing many subjects and doing some special effects with my equipment.

Now to the actual comment.  Ballenger's section in chapter 2 on interviews was short and to the point, exactly what I like.  It did not take me long to read through, and already, I'm getting ideas of possible interviewees.  I'm not ambitious enough to get an interview with Robert Ballard, the famous deep-sea explorer of the 1960s to 80s.  It would be interesting to interview a oceanographer or marine biologist.  There might be someone on campus, among the faculty, perhaps, who could help.  They wouldn't necessarily know everything about the technology, but they would definitely help me find the answers to, "What's been discovered in recent years."

I could also ask their opinions of things like the Poseidon Undersea Resort and how they believe these places will effect the environment.  A great conversation could start just by bringing up this topic.

I think I'd prefer doing interviews as primary research, since it might be tough surveying people with this topic.  It could still be beneficial to survey, and I probably will, but probably not as a primary research.

No comments:

Post a Comment