Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ballenger: On Surveys

I mentioned briefly a survey in the last post ("On Interviews"), but I really haven't gone into detail.  I guess, it would be best to survey peoples opinion of the Poseidon Undersea Resort.  It's a very controversial subject that could lead to many other topics.

I really like how Ballenger organized this section.  He warns that it might be impossible to avoid either an interview or survey for some outside opinions on the subject.  They are very personal methods of getting information on your topic.

He then moves to describing different methods of getting good, thought-provoking questions together for a survey.  It's really important to ask useful questions in an un-biased way.  Then he talks about the different methods of gathering participants for a survey.

It's as if this section is a manual on survey taking or something like that.

Ballenger is a really good author when it comes to a potentially boring topic.  So far, I've found his book resourceful on all stages of research.  His book is really an invaluable resource.  I hope I can remember all that I've learned in the semesters to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment